Monday, July 13, 2009

Healthy boundaries--rejecting the fear of man.

Just wanted to post this here as a reminder that we need to keep going back to the basics in our belief in God healing us from all our diseases and delivering us from the curse. Remember that we are working on knowing what is our boundaries with the enemy of our soul as well as healthy boundaries with our relationships as well. So this post is about both.

I came to realize not too long ago, that if it is written in the curses from Deuteronomy 28 then it
does NOT belong to me or any believer because Jesus took ALL of the curse and I do not have to allow the devil to rip me off. This verse from Deuteronomy 28 describes what I was experiencing when I was dealing with constant, debilitating depression and severe anxiety.

Deuteronomy 28 28The Lord will smite (remember from Ps 16 that our sorrows are from sin and God wants the best for you) you with
madness and blindness (I was spiritually blind to God's love for me) and dismay of mind and heart.29And you shall grope at noonday (I felt exhausted and constantly sleepy) as the blind grope in darkness. And you shall not prosper in your ways; and you shall be only oppressed and robbed continually, and there shall be no one to save you. (medication barely took the edge off my symptoms)

I noted in a previous post that when I saw this listed in the curses that I KNEW with 100% certainty that this curse was one that Jesus took for me and I would never again let the devil steal from me again when it came to my mental health and wholeness of my spirit. I am also reminded in the New Covenant in
2Timothy 1:17 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Jesus said that he came to give us life and more abundantly and the devil is here to do his best to steal, kill and destroy in the believer's life. John 10:10.

So to explain, I was struggling with a fear that I had to keep dealing with over and over and I was discouraged that I could not just trust God and experience victory in this particular area of my life. I went to a very dear friend who prayed with me to overcome in this area of fear. It had to do with the fear of man(Proverbs 29 25
The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever leans on, trusts in, and puts his confidence in the Lord is safe and set on high.) But let's just say it was one particular person and it affected my emotions and twisted my perspective of a relationship.

When I described to my friend how difficult this fear was for me, I noticed that my eyes would not meet her's when I tried to tell her about it. I was experiencing shame. I knew it was connected to fears that had begun in my childhood and God was doing something in my heart just by confessing to my friend my fear. (James5:15
And the prayer of faith will save him who is sick, and the Lord will restore him; and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.16Confess to one another therefore your faults and pray for one another, that you may be healed and restored. The earnest prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available.) While she prayed for me, the Lord revealed to me how I could not look her in the eye and that was shame and whenever there is shame it is connected to the curse. If it is connected to the curse well, I know that does not belong to me.

That's when I spoke aloud (or confessed) that this shame does not belong to me and God has delivered me from all of the curse and Jesus accomplished everything needed to set me free from the condemnation of the law and sin and death that went along with that it. I was allowing my emotions to rule instead of recognizing that God's Word says I am set free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 8 1THEREFORE, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who live and walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit.2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has freed me from the law of sin and of death.

So it's been about a week since praying with my friend and how I recognizing that God wanted me to deal with this fear and the shame that had latched itself to me. I recognized the truth of God Word and now I'm free from that fear of man and free from the shame that was connected. I am set free! God's Word has healed me and has set me free and delivered me from the curse of the law of sin and death.
Hallelujah!