Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Grace! My debt has been paid in full!!!!



I've been thinking.


Let's suppose I took out a loan for a million dollars. Then I realize I have no possible way to pay this loan back within my life time. I struggle and strive to pay it back but the interest just keeps growing and I can't even touch the principle amount of the loan.


Then I find out that someone went to the bank and paid more to the bank what I owed them. In fact, that person paid my debt even before I was born knowing that I would need this gift bestowed to me. Well, that's good news!

I would be pretty silly to keep paying the bank, now wouldn't I? The bank can keep threatening me to pay but I just show them the deed of payment: PAID IN FULL!

Jesus paid in full what the Law of sin and death said I owed!

I would be pretty silly to keep letting the devil accuse me of sin since Jesus paid it in full!

I would be pretty silly to keep allowing the devil to rob me of what is rightfully mine since the debt is paid in full.

I would be pretty silly to not thank the Savior of my soul for paying in full the price of redeeming mankind from an eternal life away from God.

Isaiah 52:1&2
Awake! Awake! Clothe yourself in your strength, O Zion; Clothe yourself in your beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city; For the uncircumcised and the unclean Will no longer come into you. Shake yourself from the dust, rise up, O captive Jerusalem; Loose yourself from the chains around your neck, O captive daughter of Zion.