Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Setting the Lord before me --at ALL times

Psalms 16: 8 I have set the LORD always before me;
Because He is
at my right hand I shall not be moved.

I know this is the truth but when I choose to see the circumstances that are more real in this earthly realm then I stumble and can't see that the LORD is ALWAYS before me. I look at the circumstances and of course I cannot see that truth--the LORD is ALWAYS before me.

A song that rings in my heart...

I will not be moved!
I will not be moved!
I'm seated with Christ in heavenly places;
I will not be moved.
No weapon formed against God's people shall ever prosper
I want to be planted by streams of living water.


So I'm purposing to fix my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith. My faith is being made stronger as I fix my eyes on him and not my circumstances. My faith is growing because I'm listening to God's Word and hearing him speak to my heart even though my circumstances scream in my face. The Lord speaks to my heart.

Rick Manis (author of
Fullness: Living Beyond Revivals and Outpouring) reminded us on Sunday that the enemy goes about as a roaring lion (lions walk on the earth) searching for whom he may devour. Where am I? Am I supposed to be walking around like the lion? The Word of God says that I'm seated (established and permanently secure) in heavenly places. The Word of God says that if I trust in the Lord that I can mount up with wings as eagles and soar above my storms.

Luke 12: 32
Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.