Monday, January 11, 2010

Seated with Christ- Ephesians 2:6

It has been a tough week (it's only Monday) but I felt strongly the Lord wanted me to be vulnerable in front of my readers and give God the glory through any growing season. I know a tree is not supposed to groan and strain to produce fruit but that's how it feels right now.

We went on a vacation and just got back on Friday. It was two days on the road of at least 12 hours each. I learn pretty quickly how much I LOVE my routine and my bed. Our girls are older now and are really great at traveling. They had their Ipod and hand help game things. I, on the other hand, didn't bring along enough to distract me from sitting and sitting and riding and riding.
I whined and complained a lot more than I would like to admit. We did have a great vacation as a family in Florida but it's the ride that I don't enjoy. Oh, I did get some sun. I loved relaxing by the pool and just soaking.

Saturday, more riding in the car. I had to go pick up my fur babies from my parent's home. I was glad to visit my parents. NOT glad to ride an additional 3 hours in the car.

Sunday was a heating pad day. I was blessed to worship in church and kept thanking Jesus for paying the price for all sin and sickness and I was not going to suffer from the curse of a messed up neck because He already paid that price. Church was really good. I was blessed that my family was excited to discuss the sermon and we all seemed to be refreshed and peaceful. But the heating pad on my neck felt really good ALL afternoon.

Monday, I'm free from the pain in my neck but I'm weary emotionally. I'm so off my game. School seemed like a chore and my patience with the girls is less than stellar. My usual way of believing just seems to be flying out the window! I feel some
really old emotional junk rapping at my heart door. I keep feeling overly sensitive to stuff I thought was way behind me.

I clearly and gently hear the Holy Spirit say, "Where is Christ right now?"

Through my tears, I knew He wanted me to answer, "Seated at the right hand of the Father".

The Holy Spirit continued, "Is Christ wringing his hands and fretting over this situation?"

I know He's not.

Holy Spirit continues, "Where are you supposed to be at?"

I know He wants me to answer, "IN CHRIST."

So I dry my tears and start "acting" like I believe it but it's not long and I'm allowing the devil to deceive me and believing the lies over the truth of God's Word. No weapon formed against me shall prosper but I have to embrace the truth and not the lies of the enemy.

Okay, so by Monday evening I'm recognizing that this day would go more smoothly
if I start believing like I'm seated with Christ in heavenly places rather than below the feel of my enemies.

Guess what Rick Manis preached on for Monday night e-church? Yup, we need to humble ourselves and set our beliefs (he said it is like a thermostat) and then know for certain WHAT we believe so shall we become. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/e-church-live See the 1/11 sermon titled Automatic Blessing.
I urge you to listen to this life-changing message.

Just like it says in Proverbs 23:7 For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. And Brother Rick reminded us that fear is just faith in the problems. Job said, "What I have feared (believed) has come upon me."

But there is no condemnation for those who are IN CHRIST JESUS! I'm not condemned by my whacked, warped, twisted believe system. God is not bent out of shape that I had an old wineskin and the New Wine burst through the seams. No, He's not discouraged with me and the Holy Spirit just says change what you think about this situation --set your thermostat--and watch the fruit manifest without you even struggling. Sorry about mixing so many analogies--

It's not by might nor by power but by MY SPIRIT says the Lord that this mountain will be removed.
I'm believing that I will see fruit manifest and supernatural power to overcome this old way of thinking.

So Monday is over and I'm looking forward to Tues with a renewed hope and great expectation. I am expecting a good week.