Sunday, October 2, 2011

He Will Send Down His Roots.


As I was drifting off to sleep, I found myself perplexed as to why grace has transformed so much of my life and in other areas the unloviness of sin still seems to have a stronghold in my mind. I know in my gut-- that part of me that 100% trusts that what my Savior did for me is sufficient --but my brain still sees the flesh dominating parts of me.....So this is the image the Holy Spirit put in my mind as I was drifting off to dream.

A heavy monument or tombstone represented the old nature that died in Christ. It's stone cold heavy nature just sitting there as a reminder of who I was...it seems like a mountain in my life but in reality it's just a dead thing that represents my old self. My memory of it is strong. The root of course represents the fullness of grace growing in me daily. I'm going from glory to glory and grace to grace. The root is under the tombstone and in a matter of time it topples over the dead thing.....the law --like two tombstones seemed to dominate my life at a time but grace got in there and eventually toppled them over. This dead stone no longer represents my life. I'm a New Creation in Christ and believe that God's grace will continue to topple over the dead monuments of my past. Dead things cannot control me.

A scripture that encouraged me as well after seeing this grace-filled example of how this process of going from grace to grace works "I will be like the dew to Israel; he will blossom like a lily. Like a cedar of Lebanon he will send down his roots" Hosea 14:5