Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Established My Heart for Healing

Psalms 27:13&14
What, what would have become of me had I not believed that I would see the Lord's goodness in the land of the living!
14Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord.

Yes, we need to cultivate hope and faith to stand firm until we see the completed manifestation of the Lord's healing or deliverance.

I haven't shared lately about my particular experience for healing. I wanted to believe for healing for many, many years but each and every time I wanted to discontinue medication for depression and severe anxiety, I would feel my mind short circuit and I was back on the medication in a matter of days.

In the Spring of 08 a man named Cecil Paxton came to our church and taught on healing and I'm so glad I went. You see, I didn't know how to stand on the Word of God to have my heart established for healing.


God's children are perishing for a lack of knowledge. (Hosea 4:6)

I may have been taught previously how to hold on to healing but it didn't penetrate my heart. I needed to personalize the Word of God for me. See, I was still at a point where I believed that if and when God wanted me healed, He would just zap his power my direction and healing would be obvious. I'm not saying that God can't heal this way but for me he wanted me to discover the principles in His Word so I could appropriate healing as my own at any time --any where.


This is how I looked at faith:

I thought faith was like money in a bank. I had to wait until God put the funds into my account. I felt I had to be holy enough to acquire these funds and then with His permission use these funds. It was a works-based faith and I felt I was barely above a negative balance in my account. If I did good then some favor from God was deposited. If I messed up then my account was debited. It was an exhausting way to perceive the ways of God.

Now I know that Jesus did everything we need for life and godliness (2Peter 1:3) and he has qualified me to be a partaker of all the benefits of heaven. (Colossians 1:12) I have a joint checking account with Jesus. Everything he has belongs to me. That's what a covenant means. What's mine is his and what's his is mine. Cool, since I don't really have anything except my whole heart to give him and that's all he desires anyway.

When the devil came along and tried to steal my healing, I just told him that Jesus acquired that healing for me and he had no right to take it from me. I knew by then that Jesus had given me authority in His Name and the powers and principalities had to bow to God's Word. I felt the attack. It was real but I also knew that I WOULD SEE THE GOODNESS OF THE LORD. Jesus became the curse so I would not have to experience any of the curse. Really good trade off for me.

Here is a list of some of the benefits of the Kingdom of Heaven. (just a few)

Eternal life--starting the day you are His child John 3:16
No condemnation Romans 8:1
New Creation in Christ--old things have passed away 2Corinthians 5:17
Salvation--meaning saved from evil here. This definition also includes healing and peace Romans 10:9
Heavenly perspective--seated with Christ in heavenly places Ephesians 2:6
Overcome evil--died with Christ arose to new life-- 2Tim 2:11
Intimacy with God--veil torn to invite us to come boldly before the Throne of Grace Matt 27:51 & Hebrews 4:6
A purpose with a hope and good future Jer 29:11

All the promises of God are in HIM yes and amen. (2Corinthians 1:20) Read and digest your Bible so you can know the benefits of the Kingdom of Heaven.