Friday, April 2, 2010

Sleep is Faith

Some seasons are more pleasant than others, I think we all would admit. The really neat thing is that God shows his strength in each season and encourages us to step out of our comfort zone and learn better how to trust him.

I think for the first time in my life I'm seeing what it means to know He is strong though I am weak. I used to think this weakness was my being humble and accepting lack, sickness and other things that were paid for at the cross.

I used to believe this type of weakness was a sign of how holy or humble I could be. When in fact, our weakness is just admitting that HE IS OUR STRENGTH!!!! It's like I can't be wet and dry at the same time. I'm weak so He can be strong and HE can show himself strong through me even though I'm going through a rough season. Christ in me the hope of glory!


My dear friend was encouraging me today and she knows how much I desire to press on in faith. She said such a profound yet simple statement.

"Sleep is faith!"

This season of difficulty I have seen God move in ways I never would have planned and all of it is to my good and the good of those I love. We have so much to praise about and so much to thank Him for.

I'm blessed going in and blessed going out. I'm the head and not the tail. I am blessed and though some may try to curse me--I shall not be cursed for the Shout of a King surrounds me. I'm blessed and highly favored of the Most High God and dwell in the secret place of the Almighty. It is His good pleasure to give me the Kingdom. Hallelujah!

Since God is for me nothing can be against me! And I'm going to sleep really well tonight knowing that my awesome God is going to work everything out for our good.

I am so convinced that I'm blessed and I'm expecting more blessings to flow my way.