Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I am Expecting Good Things from God!



I was pondering James 1:5.

"If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him."

What an awesome promise! If I lack wisdom I can ask God who not only gives but gives liberally--he lavishes wisdom upon those who ask. And according to this promise I don't have to worry about being perfect in my ways. God won't find fault in the fact that I am deficient. Wow! He gives me wisdom just because I ask.

Verse 6 makes it clear that I must ask with faith and not be wavering in my request. I must be convinced that I can ask and He will provide the wisdom needed.

"Only it must be in faith that he asks with no wavering (no hesitating, no doubting). For the one who wavers (hesitates, doubts) is like the billowing surge out at sea that is blown hither and thither and tossed by the wind."

I found myself thinking about this promise and I must admit I was thinking it would be so cool to be able to insert anything in place of the word wisdom. I thought it would make it so much easier to put the word "healing" or "finances" or "joy" or "peace" in place of the word wisdom. That would be so neat and tidy. BUT of course I am fully aware of how vital it is to never add or subtract from God's Word. So I was about to dismiss my thought as silly.

But the Holy Spirit must have been waiting for me to take the bait. I hear in my spirit, "But you CAN ADD anything in that promise."

Wow--God really had my attention--hook, line and sinker!

I started meditating on this promise and with the encouragement from the Holy Spirit, I realized if we need wisdom to know what or how to pray then He would give it to us. If we need wisdom to know specifically what to do or not do when it comes to our finances then He gives that wisdom generously.

If we need a miracle for healing, we can ask for wisdom to know what in our thinking or belief system needs to change so we can have faith when we pray.

We can ask and know we will receive wisdom from God to know how to pray for healing or finances or peace or WHATEVER we need!

God has been challenging me not to put limits on Him or His Word.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not yet seen. Hebrews 11:1 and in Mark 11:24 Whatsoever things you desire when you pray, believe and you shall receive.

Since my desire is to be one who lays hands on people to see them healed and delivered and restored then MAYBE my next focus or pursuit should be to have wisdom to understand how faith works and how to use faith to fulfill the will of God on this earth. I need to takes the limits off from Him and embrace all that God has for me.

In the Name of your Son Jesus, I ask for the wisdom to understand and apply faith! I am so looking forward to the generous outpouring of His WISDOM! Hallelujah!