Thursday, March 4, 2010

Focus

A theme keeps running through my mind this week. Focus.

I hear the Holy Spirit asking, "Where is your focus? In what or whom is your trust? Fix your eyes on Jesus the author and perfecter of your faith. See, the faith you have today is not supposed to be the faith you have tomorrow or in the next season of your life. Faith comes by hearing my Word--My Word is living and active within you. When you have an unction of the Holy Spirit --then speak it and your faith increases. When you focus on what you HAVE you will be given more. If you focus on what you have not then what you HAVE (you do have it in the spirit realm) will be taken away--The enemy then has an open door to walk right in and steal what you confessed you did not have. You speak what you HAVE (in the heavenly places) and it is added to you. Whatsoever you desire when you pray, believe, and you shall receive. The power that raised Christ from the grave, resides on the inside of my people. Believe! Receive!"

I had to look up the word 'unction' since I have not heard this word since I was a little girl and I wanted to make sure I knew the proper meaning.

I was off somewhat in my understanding of this definition. I thought it meant to get motivation like if you said you needed some unction to get the housework done or climb a really steep hill. I like the last part of the definition: MANIFESTATION of spiritual inspiration. As a noun it means a soothing balm.

Definition of unction
–noun
1. an act of anointing, esp. as a medical treatment or religious rite.
2. an unguent or ointment; salve.
3. something soothing or comforting.
4. an excessive, affected, sometimes cloying earnestness or fervor in manner, esp. in speaking.
5. Religion.
a.the oil used in religious rites, as in anointing the sick or dying.
b.the shedding of a divine or spiritual influence upon a person.
c.the influence shed.
6. the manifestation of spiritual or religious inspiration.