Saturday, May 16, 2009

I'm a gatekeeper in my region

Did God place me in a specific geographical region to stand on the wall and watch and wait on the Lord? That day I woke up and knew this was where God wanted me was like a miracle in my heart. For almost 7 years I fought the Lord on staying here. I whined and pouted and dug in my heals. I told my husband I would never make Blanchard my permanent home. So I told him if he wanted me here, he would have to pray and have the Lord change my heart. God heard his prayer but really I gave God permission to change my heart in saying that to my husband. I awoke and desired to live and thrive in Blanchard.

So now God is birthing in me a passionate heart to serve the people in my region. I am developing a compassion for those who do not know Jesus other than just a religious symbol. My daughter came home and told me that a girl in her class was surprised that her history teacher was explaining AD and BC and referring to Jesus as a real person in history. She had no idea that he really existed in the sense interacting with living humans in the first century BC.

Recently, I am discovering that many in this area do not believe that Jesus existed before His virgin birth. They explain away Jesus being the Son of God as He was just a thought in the Father's mind previous to His birth. The idea of God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit is explained away with nice abstractions that rob God of His power and deity. If Jesus was not fully God and fully man then he could not fulfill the perfect sacrifice that we need to be forgiven and accepted by God through what Christ accomplished. If he was just a good man that came to tell us about God then why did he have to die such a gruesome and painful death. It seems like His death would have just been a symbol of God's love rather than God's love demonstrated.

If I was about to be executed and the Governor had the power to save my life but all he sent was a symbol of his authority and not his actual words to free me then I would be a dead duck. Jesus was the actual living -breathing -walking -talking Word of God in the flesh so there would be no misunderstanding of God's love and power. When he died on the cross, it mentions in scripture the dead people rose up and walked around and witnessed to their family. If my dead ancestor rose from the dirt from being dead long ago and touched me and told me of the power of God, THAT would be a strong witness. Jesus is not just a symbol of God's love and power, He is God's love and power. He rose and sat down at the right hand of the Father in heaven. That signifying that He is ALL THAT! He is given all authority. Then in Ephesians 2 it says that we are seated with Him in heavenly places. Okay, WE are SEATED WITH HIM.

Jesus did everything necessary to complete salvation. He gave us His Holy Spirit --the very same spirit that resided inside of Jesus during His earthly ministry was given to ME to His Church to carry out God's perfect Will. Thy Will be done in heaven as it is on earth. Heaven is the model to follow for the earth. God desires the earth to be like Heaven.

How can that be? The earth is so full of vileness and every kind of sickness and evil. When Adam and Eve sinned they messed it up for all of us. But the second Adam came to restore that which the first Adam messed up. When Jesus said "It is finished", He meant that everything was back in order for this earth to be like it is in Heaven. But this time the Church must speak and insist to the devil that he has no authority here on earth. The enemy has lied and convinced the Church that she is weak and helpless to sickness and lack and anything else that makes her weak.

So who are the Gatekeepers? They are the ones that hear the Word and do it. They hear the voice of the Lord and speak to the gates in their regions. You have given your Spirit filled Church the authority to change our world for the Glory of God.

Heavenly Father, I pray in Jesus' Name that you would give me the spirit of wisdom and revelation that I may see and understand the truths and the calling of being a Gatekeeper. Make my heart soft to hear your voice and serve you in night and day intercession to see your glory invade the land. Open my eyes to the truth of your Word and give me wisdom to know how to speak your Word in order to affect the spiritual climate of my region. I speak to the every Gate and say be open. I say to the captives to be loosed and to be bound to the love of God. I will storm the gates of hell and demolish her strongholds. King of Glory come in and have your way in this region, in Jesus' Name, Amen.