Friday, May 15, 2009

Staying within Healthy Boundaries.

I'm so impressed to research God's Word about how important it is to know the boundaries that God has for us to be full of joy, prosperous and walk in Divine health. I know for myself, if I've not been sticking close to what I know God has called for me to be then I feel stressed and stress can lead to loss of joy and health problems. I'm not saying all my health problems have been my lack of obedience but some have. Some health issues have been because I have allowed the enemy to rob me of my peace and joy that is mine in the Name of Jesus.

I'm thinking of the image of the well and what we learn from our Heavenly Father. There are basics in walking with Christ and it is like going deeper and deeper into that well of knowledge. Knowing the boundaries that God has for us is like a basic course in Christianity. If we walk outside of what God has for us then consequences come upon us that are not pleasant.

Some Christians erroneously think that God will be angry and in an Old Testament way "smite" them for sinning. God's not out to get any one. He wants to bless his children. He's more than willing to nurture us as we dwell in the shadow of his wing. It's leaving the safety of the shadow of his wing that cost us our peace or joy or being able to walk in health. Or you can be attacked by the enemy of your soul who goes around like a roaring lion wanting to devour those of us that wander away from His protection or who do not understand our authority in Jesus Name to reject the attempts of the enemy to kill, steal and destroy.

My people perish for a lack of knowledge.(Hosea 4:6) This scripture makes it very clear that what you do not know could kill you. If you stay close to the source of your protection. Fellowshipping with God on a continual basis will keep you in a position to hear his voice and when you need to hear a word of warning, you will hear it because you were not off doing all the busy work that you thought was so important. And reading God's Word will clue you into something that you may not have known would cause you to walk outside of Gods will for you.

You need to know who you are in Christ.
You need to know how to stay in God's Will
You need to know how to have healthy relationships and keep healthy boundaries in relationships
You need to know how to wage war and know your authority in Jesus' Name.