Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Knowing who you are so the enemy can't cross your boundaries

Verse 3 of Psalms 16 gives us insight into God's opinion of His people.
As for the godly (the saints) who are in the land, they are the excellent, the noble, and the glorious, in whom is all my delight.

Does this verse in Psalms 16 sounds like something you've read before? How about when the Holy Spirit descended on Jesus at his baptism, "behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him."

God delights in us! He delights in us and wants to lavish his children with blessings.

What else does God's Word say about His children?

I am reconciled to God - 2 Cor 5:18
I'm a child of God - He is my Father - 1 Jn 3:1,2
I am Christ's friend - Jn 15:15
I am a fellow citizen in God's kingdom - Eph 2:19
I am born of God - 1 Jn 4:7
I have been brought near to Christ - Eph 2:13
I have direct access to God - Eph 2:18
I am a citizen of heaven - Phil 3:20
I am an heir of God - Rom 8:17
I am a joint heir with Christ - Rom 8:17; Gal 4:7
I am hidden with Christ in God - Col 3:3
I am blessed with every spiritual blessing - Eph 1:3
I am chosen of God - holy, beloved - Col 3:12
I am a partaker of Christ - Heb 3:14
I'm a member of a royal priesthood - 1 Pet 2:9
I'm redeemed and forgiven - Eph 1:6-8
I've been justified - made righteous - Rom 5:1
I died w/Christ to the power of sin - Rom 6:1-6
I am free from condemnation - Rom 8:1
I have received the Spirit of God -1 Cor 2:12
I have been given the mind of Christ - 1 Cor 2:16
I'm chosen and appointed to bear fruit - Jn 15:16
I have been crucified with Christ - Gal 2:20
I am called to do the works of Christ - Jn 14:12
I am a new creation - 2 Cor 5:17
I have been made alive with Christ - Eph 2:5
I have been given spiritual authority - Lk 10:19
I have received fullness in Christ - Col 2:10

If this is new to you and you have not come across any teaching previously that explains who you really are in Christ, I want to challenge you today to renew your mind with this scripture so that you can begin to know deep down that you are a new creation in Christ Jesus, that all things have passed away and all things are now new! You are not the old person being fixed up but a BRAND NEW creation that only can be accomplished by the work of the Holy Spirit.

Dear Father in Jesus' Name we ask that you would cement deep in our minds and hearts an understanding and wisdom to know who we really are in Christ Jesus. Open our eyes to the TRUTH of your Word that we are not 'ol sinners saved (just barely saved) by grace but that we are overcomers ready to go forth and bring the Good News to those who need to hear. Bring a deeper revelation to us of who we really are.

A song from Hillsong keeps ringing in my heart:

cuz the enemys been defeated
death couldnt hold you down
gonna lift our voice in victory
gonna make your praises loud (x6)

shout out to god with a voice of triumph
shout out to god with a voice of praise
shout out to god with a voice of triumph
we lift your name up
we lift your name up (x4)